Monday 7 November 2011

my complete shoulder rig for under NZD $1.4k

I have finally assembled my complete shoulder rig, which is more difficult than it seems if you are on a tight budget. My rig includes: Proaim Shoulder Rig, Fotga DP500 Follow Focus, Lilliput 5" HDMI Monitor, 2x batteries, 7" articulating arm.

I ordered the Proaim gear from www.cinecity.co.nz (though I later discovered that the .com site is cheaper). The kit actually includes components to be configured as an off-set shoulder mount to be used with an LCD Viewfinder / Loupe but I prefer to operate with a monitor so I have gone a straight configuration. I was pleased to find the rig was easily adaptable and I had a number of options to choose from.

I ordered the Fotga Follow Focus and Lilliput 5" monitor from www.dhgate.com. I found a seller by the name of Kennyzhu particularly helpful with my inquiries. I also ordered two batteries to power the monitor and an articulating arm and clamp to mount it with. The postage was free and there was no tax either.  The Proaim gear took about a week and a half the dhgate gear only a week.My initial impressions are good and very satisfied the considerable savings made.



Full assembled shoulder rig with follow focus, 5" monitor and rode video mic.


 







FOTGA DP500 Follow Focus. Nice all metal feel. Smooth action with very slight play. USD $145.72











One rubber lens belt included. (Additional belts available from USD $13.00)









Proaim sholder rig NZD$789.00 (including postage and tax)


Lilliput 5" HDMI &YPbPr monitor. 800x400 resolution. limited ratio options. Displays full screen but stretched image on record. Full screen correct aspect ratio playback. Goes blank for about 6 seconds before and after rec. USD $224.61











Rechargeable Lithium Battery 6600mAh + Charger. USD $42.75










7" Articulating arm plus clamp. USD $49.95
























Counter weight

























Riser, Tripod base plate, Camera base plate,

























Extra parts that I am not using in this particular configuration.






















Alternatively you could buy this Redrock Micro Kit from B&H for NZD $4531.00 (not including postage & packaging)

No comments:

Post a Comment